quinta-feira, 13 de setembro de 2007

Richard Part II

Tal como prometi, a segunda parte da entrevista levada a cabo por dois fãs ao Richard.
Aqui, o nosso baterista dá-nos algumas pistas sobre o próximo albúm.
Mais em keanemusic.com

CHRIS: Are you going to be a lot more prepared for the third record?

RICHARD: Well, we’ve got some time in our barn, the HQ, which we’re going to spend working on stuff in advance. We’re mainly trying to work out if the songs are right, because I think Tim and Tom want to know. We’ve been having a few weeks of not doing anything, just a bit of a holiday, a bit of a chance to take a breather. I think they want to feel confident about how many songs we’ve got, so that’s why we’re principally doing it, but for me it's a great chance to get going on drum tracks. But absolutely, we want to do it slightly differently. Well, I do.

ANDREW: Is there anything that you’re particularly aiming for with album three? You’ve always wanted to strive to make that ‘classic’ record.

RICHARD: I think I used to think that it was all instinctive, but you can think about it to a certain extent. You can certainly try and push the way you’re doing things, and we’ve said in the past that we don’t want to just churn out records that are the same. I think the difference between the first two records, and the fact that some people have obviously come along with us and liked both of them, is kind of a vindication that you can actually try and develop as a band, rather than just doing the same thing. And so, once again, we’re going to try and do something different with the next one. There’s a lot of interesting stuff coming out of America that's... I mean, I’ve been listening to people like Dr Dre for a long time, I think ‘2001’s a ridiculously amazing record and its probably the most played thing on my iPod. I love the sparseness of that, and the last record was really dense, it was full of stuff. So maybe we’ll try something that’s as empty as possible. There’s certainly elements of that that you could experiment with. You could try and be more minimal in your approach with instruments and try to get a bit more funk in there. We’ll see! Or it might just be a rock album – you know, I don’t know. But yeah, we’re going to try and do something different.

Sem comentários: